Our front desk volunteer team helps with the day-to-day tasks that keep our Community Acupuncture practice running, building clean, comfortable and efficient, not to mention being the first face clients meet when they enter the space.
Especially for students of holistic health modalities, it is a great educational and community outreach opportunity to learn the behind the scenes details of how an accessible, inclusive and high-volume practice model operates!
This ultimately provides everyone with a comfortable and beneficial experience whether they serve or receive at Heart & Hands.
Front desk volunteers requirements
- Minimum four month commitment of a four hour weekly shift
- Attend a two hour orientation
- Be punctual and appropriately dressed (clean, neutral clothing, fragrance-free)
- Experience with computers is a must – you will be trained to make online bookings and operate point-of-sale
- Administrative duties – client paperwork, answering the phone, etc.
- General housekeeping duties – sweeping floors, dishes, dusting, restocking, etc.
- Able to respond to emails within a 48 hr period
What you receive in exchange
Requirements for a SUB position
Volunteer substituting is a great way to learn about Community Acupuncture:
- The sub position is a four month commitment
- As this position is infrequent & on-call, we need subs to be available for a
MINIMUM of two days weekly to allow for flexibility when our regular volunteers need coverage (ie. Mondays 3-7pm & Saturdays 9am – 1pm)
- Please specify your weekly availability when applying. Our weekly shifts:
Monday – Friday 10am – 2pm & 3 – 7pm
Saturday 9am – 1pm & 2 – 6pm
Sunday 10am – 3pm