Heather Dekezel, Dental Hygiene Practitioner, DHP
Book online, www.smilingcommunity.com
First appointment, $100 | Continuing care appointments, $80
Please contact me directly if you unable to afford my rates.
Upcoming hours, March – April 2021
Tuesday Mar 30, 10am – 2pm
Wednesday Mar 31, 10am – 2pm
Tuesday Apr 6, 10am – 2pm
Wednesday Apr 7, 10am – 2pm
Hours for April:
Mondays 9am – 5pm
Wednesdays 10am – 2am
Hours for May pending, thank you for your patience.
COVID-19 Health & Safety Protocols for Dental Hygiene Treatment
The clinic continues to ask folks to stay home if sick or if you have travelled outside the province within a 2 week period.
Prior to Your Dental Hygiene Appointment
Please respond to your Appointy appointment reminder email sent 48 hours prior to your appointment by answering the following Covid-19 pre-screening questions:
- Are you experiencing any new symptoms that may be related to Covid-19 such as difficulty breathing, fever, new or worsening cough, loss of smell or taste?
- Have you or anyone in your household been exposed to or is being tested for Covid-19?
- Have you travelled outside of the Island Health Region in the last 2 weeks? If so when and where did you travel?
Arrival at Clinic
- We continue to do our best at the clinic to ensure it is possible to maintain the 6 foot physical distance from each other while visiting by staggering bookings so that the lobby can be as spacious as possible.
- Please arrive no more than 5 minutes before your scheduled session as the clinic doors are now kept locked and Heather will to let you in.
- Masks/face coverings are to be worn in the clinic until treatment takes place and as soon as treatment is complete.
- Clients will be asked to use hand sanitizer when entering Heart & Hands and will be offered hand sanitizer on departure.
During Your Appointment
- You will be asked to do a pre-procedural mouth rinse that contains essential oils and 1.5% hydrogen peroxide
- A HEPA air purifier will be running in the consult room throughout the day. There is also a new ventilation system installed in the clinic so that air from the acupuncture room is now regularly drawn out of the building once an hour.
- No Aerosol Generating Procedures (AGP) which means only hand scaling will be preformed rather than a combination of hand scaling and ultrasonic. If Ultrasonic is required a separate booking will be recommended and can be made for an appointment at the end of the day.
- A minimum of 15 minutes between patients to allow for extra cleaning and air exchange in the consult room
I will be waiving cancellation fees due to illness up to 12 hours prior to appointment.
No shows and last minute cancellations NOT due to illness within 12 hrs of your appointment time will be subject to a $25 fee
Please feel free to contact Heather if there are any needs that have not been addressed here that would help you feel safer to access the care you need. She can be reached at, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dental Hygiene is an integral part of your health!
Dental hygiene is all about preventative oral health care – keeping your teeth and gums healthy now to avoid or minimize problems later.
Maintenance of oral health is critical to overall health, and poor dental hygiene has been linked to diabetes, heart disease, and even Alzheimer’s. Oral health problems can also affect speech and nutrition, and have a profound impact on our social and mental well-being.
Something as important as dental hygiene should be accessible to everyone, whether you are insured or not, whether you have a healthy set of teeth or no teeth at all. Smiling Community Dental Hygiene understands how a healthy smile contributes to a healthy person, and healthy people make strong communities.
Heather Dekezel is a practicing Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH). She has a gentle yet thorough style of a practice, and a friendly, non-judgmental demeanor. She is a member of the Canadian Dental Hygiene Association and the British Columbia Dental Hygiene Association, and is in good standing with the College of Dental Hygienists of British Columbia.
Heather graduated from the Dental Hygiene program at Camosun College in 2007. Near the end of her studies, she did a five-week school exchange to Jönköping University in Sweden, where she further developed her skills. Heather has worked in private dental practices in both British Columbia and in New Zealand. She has also worked at Cool Aid Clinic, a clinic for low-income and under-served people in Victoria. Heather has also done volunteer dental hygiene work in Mexico.